I have given in trying to install

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Feb 14 09:26:58 GMT 2005

Not even that.  3/4 of the hardware I have requires modifications to
the X config file, most commonly because the monitor cannot handle
the highest resolutions and refresh rates of the video hardware.

The config files that are generated by the X configuration tools
are almost always wrong, for older hardware and displays.

Ted