ipfilter outgoing

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Feb 13 13:33:14 GMT 2005

It's difficult to program all outgoing filter rules in ipf. Every now
and then I bumb into a blocked connection that I did want to work in the
first place. Only because an outgoing port was/is blocked.

What is the most secure way to do things? Block all outgoing and open up
what I wnat or can I use i.e. the next rule in a safe way:

### pass out quick proto tcp/udp from any to any keep state keep frags

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Yes I did read all the ipf help
files but it dazzles me.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11 ++ FreeBSD 5.3