Freebsd vs. linux

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Sun Feb 13 03:54:43 GMT 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 02:15:16PM +0100, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
> Hello Anthony
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> >Ramiro Aceves writes:

<snip>

> I use my computer for my engineering calculations, surfing the net and
> e-mailing,  and for fun and hobbies such as astronomy and amateur radio.
> Both FreeBSD and Debian GNU/Linux seem to satisfy my requirements.
> Indeed they share most of what FreeBSD call "third party apps".

What do you do with ham radio on freebsd?  I haven't looked into it
much, but it seems that there isn't nearly as many programs/device
drivers for  freebsd as linux has.  I like how debian actually has a ham
radio section for it.  I'd like to try out some of the digital radio
stuff like AX.25