Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg listsub at 401.cx
Sat Feb 12 15:57:56 GMT 2005

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Scott I. Remick writes:
>
>>A better realworld example (which has been mentioned before) is
>>www.sendmail.org vs. www.sendmail.com. I think that better reflects what
>>people are suggesting for www.freebsd.com.
>

> Agreed!  Although both sites actually aim at similar markets, since
> sendmail is not really something that anyone would use anywhere except
> on a server.  (Nobody runs sendmail on a desktop, strictly speaking.)

They both aim at exactly the same market, but different personalities.
While sendmail.org aims at the more technical people, usually the ones
that will actually run the software, sendmail.com aims for the
directors, the ones that make the decision to run it.
Our current freebsd.org website is perfect for the first category, but
believe me, it scares the shit out of the higher management kind of
people. Argue all you want that people like that should not be allowed
to make such decisions, I've seen it happen and Im sure it happens all
the time.

So far, I have not seen one single valid argument against a
freebsd.com website or a new logo, so I side with the people that
wants some changes to happen in this one.