Last try: HP Pavillion zv5445us shuts down during install of 5.3

bsdnooby bsdnooby at optonline.net
Sat Feb 12 15:39:44 GMT 2005

HP Pavillion zv5445us shuts down during install of 5.3

Right after the screen when you can choose to disable ACPI or to boot in
SafeMode (both of which I tried), after making a selection - it
shutsdown.  I'm trying to install 5.3 from both floppies and CD1.  I'm
dualbooting Win XP Pro using PartitionMagic8/BootMagic8 - but I do not
think that is related.  My other Toshiba laptop is using a similar
configuration, and works fine.

I saw in Google where at least 1 other person had this problem, but
there was no resolution.  This is a new laptop, P4-3Ghz, 512MB, 100GB
drive, LAN & Wifi, etc.

Anyone have success with the newer HP pavillions?

thx