Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 12 10:01:28 GMT 2005

Paul Mather writes:

> The operating system is one thing; a certain level support is another.
> That's Free/Open Source software for you.

Yes.  And it's one of the factors that makes the open-source movement
highly self-limiting.  I don't know of any way around it.  But that's
why I'd only recommend open-source solutions for mission-critical
functions if an organization already has all the expertise it needs to
support those solutions in-house and on site ... because if something
goes down, that's the only serious support that will be available.  In
many situations, a limited level of support is tolerable, but not for
key and mission-critical production use.

--
Anthony