Firefox, java, plugins - need to go back to the port?

John john at starfire.mn.org
Sat Feb 12 02:30:57 GMT 2005

I installed firefox from the packages, and now that it seems
like I may have Java installed, I'd like to get the two to play
together.

I see a few different firefox plugins in /usr/ports/www, but no
java, and I don't see any references to firefox or plugs in
/usr/ports/java - clearly, I'm missing a piece of the puzzle.

All my hits on google have talked about rebuilding the port
after Java is installed.  Is that what I have to do?  Is there
no way to get a java plugin without rebuilding the whole port?

Thanks.
--

John Lind
john at starfire.MN.ORG