Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such asNetBSD!!!

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at spymac.com
Fri Feb 11 14:34:27 PST 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 11:11 pm, Anthony Atkielski
<atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Frank J. Laszlo writes:
> > Who says it has to be small?
>
> Business cards and letterheads say that.
>
> Logos are often reproduced at very small sizes, even on large
> documents. They often appear in a corner or at the bottom of a page.
> Logos are not used in place of cover art, but they often are a _part_
> of cover art.
>
> > Getting back to the point at hand, the beastie is nothing more than
> > a mascot. plain and simple. But people are talking like there will
> > be no more beastie representing FreeBSD. I dont think this is the
> > point.
>
> What surprises me is that people care so much.  It's the software
> that's important, not the cartoon character that represents it.  It
> makes me wonder what sorts of priorities people have.  I'd prefer
> that people worry more about software quality, and less about pretty
> pictures.

You know, I haven't posted anything about this subject to this list
itself - such discussions are probably better suited for -advocacy. In
any case, I did some checking ...

Hmmm, let's see, Anthony Atielski, 30 posts on this subject alone, on a
tech help list. Makes you wonder what sort of priorities you have.

Anyway, if you feel that way then let the thread die, or take it to
-advocacy.

- jt