Newbie: where is the startup configuration line for BIND?

aklist_061666 aklist_061666 at enigmedia.com
Fri Feb 11 19:31:08 GMT 2005

Hi All:

I just upgraded from freebsd 5.1 to 5.3, and I want to edit the startup
parameters for named so that it reads my previous config file, basically I
want the startup parameter to be:

/usr/sbin/named -4 -c /etc/named.conf

But I can't find where that command string is?

all that is in my /etc/rc.conf is "named_enable="YES" "

I have another file called /etc/rc.conf~ which has the line:

"named_program="/urs/sbin/named" "

But is that file a backup file or is it actually used?

Or do I just need to modify that line with the parameters I want it to start
up with?

Thanks!