glade-2

Gert Cuykens gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:18:19 PST 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:38:13 +0100, Dominik Epple
<epple at tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 05:52:38AM +0100, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> > Does anyone know how glade-2 works ?
> > I made a test gui and now i would like to make a test executable of the gui ?
>
> The menu option "Project -> Save" will save your project's xml files.
>
> Then, "Project -> Build" will generate C code from your project,
> together with files used for the GNU autoconf et al build system.
>
> If you're not familiar with autoconf, you might want to read its
> documentation (and that of automake also), see
> http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf and .../automake.
>
> Then, on the command line, in the Directory where glade has written
> your project:
>
> % setenv ACLOCAL_FLAGS <...>
>
> You need to set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS environment variable to the
> directories containing the .m4 files which are needed by the
> configure.in script. Have no access now to my FreeBSD box to look
> up which directories these are -- have only Linux available here at
> work... :\ Usually, it's something like
> "-I /usr/X11R6/share/aclocal19 -I /usr/local/share/aclocal19"
> or something like that.
>
> % aclocal19 $ACLOCAL_FLAGS && autoheader259 && automake19 -a -c && autoconf259
>
> (or whatever your aclocal and auto* binaries are available as).
>
> Then run
>
> % ./configure && make
>
> which builds your executables.
>
> > PS are there alternatives for glade ?
>
> 1. Take another widget set (though imho gtk is one of the best)
>
> 2. Write source code directly -- take a look at the C source files
>    generated from glade, and visit http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/
>
> Regards, Dominik.
> --

thx i think i will just go for the editing source code option :)

PS When i build in c it works but when i try c++ i get this ?

Error running glade-- to generate the C++ source code.
Check that you have glade-- installed and that it is in your PATH.
Then try running 'glade-- <project_file.glade>' in a terminal.

Anybody know why ?

PS is there much difference between C and C++ ?