Javascript in Lynx

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Thu Feb 10 10:09:03 PST 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 13:08, RW wrote:
> On Thursday 10 February 2005 06:32, Vince Sabio wrote:
> > I'm running 5.1-RELEASE, and need to use Lynx via an ssh session to
> > access my firewall's administrative interface. Logging into the
> > firewall requires javascript. My FreeBSD machine has a stock
> > installation of Lynx Version 2.8.4rel.1. I've gone through the
> > [O]ptions in Lynx to find some means of enabling javascript, but
> > haven't been able to locate it. The on-line docs don't seem to
> > mention anything about it. Does Lynx even support javascript? If so,
> > how do I enable it?
>
> I don't think it does, most people that want a more able text-based browser
> would go for links or w3m.

BTW are you aware of ssh port-forwarding?

You should be able to forward a local port on your desktop machine through to
the HTTP port of the firewall via an ssh tunnel to the FreeBSD box. You can
then use any browser you like. It should be detailed in the documentation of
your ssh client, but there are many "how-to"s for setting up putty or
openssh on the websites of companies that provide  anonymous  proxy server
access.