Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such asNetBSD!!!

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Thu Feb 10 06:59:21 PST 2005

On 02/10/05 12:55 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt sat at the `puter and typed:
> owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org wrote:
> > On 02/09/05 09:45 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC sat at the
> > `puter and typed:
> >
> > Yes, but business is why Microsoft Windows (*) sucks old rocks.
> > Microsoft is in business to make money, not better software.  I was
> > always under the impression that while the FreeBSD foundation was "in
> > business" to promote FreeBSD, the chief focus of the core team has
> > always been a better OS.  Keeping Beastie is a statement of sorts that
> > the FreeBSD team is NOT interested in business, just their work.
> >
> > Once upon a time, a geek could get by with their idiosyncrasies
> > because they were obviously not interested in the power points that
> > the businessmen and politicians wanted.  They were only interested in
> > their gadgetry, software, and whatever cool new technology came along.
> > Now, one by one, everyone's worried about "business like" images,
> > logos, and whatnot.
> >

> Hi Louis,
>
>   Yep, I was wondering how long it would take before someone figured
> this one out.  We know the real rea$on$ that this logo change is
> being contemplated, don't we.

Thank you.  I thought I was the only one . . .

> > You may be right, but I still strongly (but respectfully) disagree.
> >

> And I strongly disagree without any respect.  Respectful disagreement
> is one of the power points that the businessmen and politicians
> want, it has never been a geek idiosyncracy.

LOL!  Yeah, well, I have to admit, I'm fuming over here too.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Immortality consists largely of boredom.
    -- Zefrem Cochrane, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8