Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such as NetBSD!!!

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Wed Feb 9 10:54:40 PST 2005

On 02/09/05 04:32 PM, Charles-André Landemaine sat at the `puter and typed:
> This will sign the death of FreeBSD.
>
> How could they believe such crap?! Who said beastie is evil?! This is
> totally non-sense, it's a logo, it's not the CD cover of a heavy-metal
> release...!
>
> I think the reasons are the same as NetBSD. Do extremist Republicans
> threaten BSD distros?
>
> The word "daemon" in greek means "server" (the person, not the
> hardware). This is neither good nor bad, if it has to be  either one,
> then it's good.

Uh, not to be rude, but what the hell are you talking about?  I don't
remember anyone talking about changing the logo.  Except the occasional
fundy trying to throw the idea into the list every couple months using
every tone from appeasement to outright fire and brimstone.  I've never
seen anyone take it seriously.  Everyone here knows all the history of
the word, many know the history of Beastie himself, and so far as I
know, none have any plans to change him.

> Oh please, wake me up, it's a nightmare!!!

So Wake Up.

--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Bagdikian's Observation:
  Trying to be a first-rate reporter on the average American newspaper
  is like trying to play Bach's "St. Matthew Passion" on a ukelele.