security updates

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Feb 9 06:04:05 PST 2005

Jeff Maxwell wrote:

> I got this message today from cron, apparently my security update failed.
>
> Any Idea how to resolve this. I am also get a similar message on a 5.3
> box.
>

> Fetching updates signature...
> fetch: http://update.daemonology.net/i386/4.9/updates.sig: Not
> FoundError fetching updates
>

> Jeff Maxwell

Looks like Colin is having some troubles with his servers or hosting
company:

%lynx www.daemonology.net

 Due to hardware failures, daemonology.net is currently unavailable.
Portsnap users: Assuming the dns
   magic works, portsnap should start operating correctly soon. FreeBSD
Update users: I need to upload
   a bunch of files to the location where I'm temporarily hosting the
update.daemonology.net domain --
   this should be done on Wednesday or Thursday. Everybody else looking
for content here: I'm currently
   looking for a new permanent home for this site... recommendations for
*low cost* dedicated servers
   (or even better, a donated server) are welcome. Contact me at my
freebsd.org address --
   daemonology.net email is currently broken.

Kevin Kinsey