jail /dev

r p freebsd99 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 01:33:16 PST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:47:17 -0700, Chad Leigh -- Shire. Net LLC
<chad at shire.net> wrote:

> I have the following in my jail startup script
>
> devfs_domount /local/2/hobbiton/dev devfsrules_jail
> devfs_set_ruleset devfsrules_jail /local/2/hobbiton/dev
> /sbin/devfs -m /local/2/hobbiton/dev rule -s 4 applyset
>
> I am not sure which one is working but one of them is :-)   I will have
> to debug it some more and simplify this

Thanks for your reply.

I put those lines in my jail startup script, substituting my own path
to the jail, but 'devfs_domount" and 'devfs_set_ruleset' seem to be
missing, and I still get the same error for the 'devfs -m ...'
command;

devfs_domount: not found
devfs_set_ruleset: not found
devfs rule: ioctl DEVFSIO_SAPPLY: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I've searched my system and can't find 'devfs_domount' or 'devfs_set_ruleset'.

Maybe you could attach a file showing what devices are created with
these commands, and i'll just write a line to delete the uneeded
devices in startup script.

This is really frustrating me :)

Richard