vinum in 4.x poor performer?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Feb 8 19:21:56 PST 2005

I have a Dual-Xeon server with 4G of RAM, with its primary file system
consisting of 4x73G SCSI drives running RAID5 using vinum ... the
operating system is currently FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #1: Fri Oct 22 15:06:55
ADT 2004 ... swap usage is 0% (6149) ... and it performs worse then any of
my other servers, and I have less running on it then the other servers ...

I also have HTT disabled on this server ... and softupdates enabled on the
file system ...

That said ... am I hitting limits of software raid or is there something I
should be looking at as far as performance is concerned?  Maybe something
I have misconfigured?

----