Inactive memory

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 14:23:36 PST 2005

Well Chuck, that must be a great answer, because I don't understand any of it :)

I guess my only concern is that I have plenty of RAM available (1GB
total, 520MB inactive usually), and wanted to make sure that it's not
just a big memory leak.  It's only been running for a couple days, so
I was kind of scared that in a week it'd be something like 900
inactive and suddenly everything is coming out of swap.

I'd just like to know that my machine is going to use the memory efficiently.

Thanks for the response.  (I think) it reassured me of what I need to know.