Acer Aspire 1356 LCi + WLAN

Frank Staals f.staals at zonnet.nl
Tue Feb 8 12:05:57 PST 2005

In august last year I bought an Acer Aspire 1356 LCi laptop. WLAN was
built in but I knew it wouldn't work in FreeBSD yet, so I used a
SMC2662W USB WLAN adapter. Now half a year later I was wondering Maybe I
can setup the internal WLAN connector than I can use the USB adapter on
a different computer. By google'ing on the laptop name + WLAN didn't
bring up much of a help. So my question was does anyone have a Acers
Aspire 1350 series ( or similar ) with internal WLAN working with FreeBSD ?

Currently I am running FreeBSD 5.3-stable, for the SMC I use the atuwi
drivers: www.vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/

Thanks in advance

Frank Staals