CUPS server + Windows client

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Tue Feb 8 10:55:54 PST 2005

The good news is that I can print from a Windows machine to my Brother
1240 connected via USB by using CUPS.

The bad news is that whenever you look at the printer on the Windows
machine, it says "Access denied, unable to connect" in the "Status"

Therefore it does not show jobs waiting to be printed, nor does it
allow for their control (delete / pause jobs especially).

I've looked through the CUPS config stuff and don't see anything
missing, but I'm far from an expert.

Here's the relevant config info (NOTE: the Windows machine is on
192.168.1.x)

$ fgrep -v '#' /usr/local/etc/cups/cupsd.conf|grep "."
LogLevel info
Port 631
Browsing On
BrowseProtocols cups