Sendmail host lookup problem (nslookup)

Hexren me at hexren.net
Tue Feb 8 07:10:32 PST 2005

sorry for taking so long to provide some files.
Anyway I pooked around a bit, looked at some configs a friend provided
me with and read a bit more about BIND, did some config cleaning up. And its working now
unfortunatly I cannot point to where exactly my error was (note to self do more sleeping).
Sendmail is functioning properly :)

My machines, except one now produce the output that you said they
should (and descriped above). I believe the error with that one
machine is rooted in nslookup and not DNS.
Interestingly there are 2 nslookup programms in the MAN pages. One in
section 1 and one in section 8.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=nslookup&sektion=1&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.3-RELEASE+and+Ports
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=nslookup&sektion=8&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.3-RELEASE+and+Ports

All my machines are using the one under section 8. (I think you can
tell them apart by looking if they have "help" implemented) Only the
one machine that is not producing the right output uses the one from
section 1.
Anybody nows why this is the way it is, meaning why there are 2
nslookups and by which way you can tell a machine to use one or the
other ? (seems pretty strange to me)

Thank you

Hexren