favor

Ruben de Groot mail25 at bzerk.org
Tue Feb 8 06:51:13 PST 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 05:16:22PM +0100, Anthony Atkielski typed:

> DG> So it helps the copyright situation, but breaks the usefulness of
> DG> any archive.
>
> The copyright situation is an unavoidable legal mandate, not an option.
> You cannot defend against an infringement action by saying that
> respecting copyright would have been inconvenient for you.

Can we please stop the legal mumbo-jumbo? This is supposed to be
a technical mailing list. And a global one at that. Copyright laws
in the US or any other country are irrelevant at best, a nuisance
at the worse. But certainly not worth waisting this much bandwidth
on.

Ruben