Sysinstall problem with network settings

"Pásztor Richárd" ricsip at mailbox.hu
Tue Feb 8 05:06:00 PST 2005

I installed 4.11 Release recently. If i configure my network with
sysinstall during the install procedure, everythin works fine. But if i
skip network config, and want to do it after finishing setup, sysintall
doesnt save my settings.

I setup hostname, ip address, gateway, dns etc. then it asks for
bringing up the interface. I choose yes, and i see a packet sent out
from my machine to the switch. But after quitting sysintall, and typing
"ifconfig tx0" it seems nothing has changed (no ip, interface is not
UP). Could it be a bug? As i can remember, the same happened with 4.10.

Thx!
ricsip