/var Full

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 06:37:29 PST 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:48:41 +1000, Warren
<shinjii at virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com> wrote:
> im trying to get cacti working, but since im using a small P2 300 machine with
> a small hdd my /var has suddenly become full and im wodering what is safe and
> not safe so to speak to del in the /var dir .. the following are the dir's i
> have.
>

> --
> Yours Sincerely
> Shinjii
> http://www.shinji.nq.nu

I went through /var cleaning this up myself yesterday.   I found the
httpd-access.log and httpd-error.log was quite large and wouldn't turn
over after a certain date or size.  I also saw the snmpd.log was
getting pretty big.   I see that you've checked mail already.  My
cacti user mailbox was quite large as well.   ...just a few more
things to check...

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....