Silicon Image SiI 3114 SATA RAID on ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe

Paul A. Hoadley paulh at logicsquad.net
Sat Feb 5 06:38:59 PST 2005

Hello,

Is anyone using the Silicon Image SiI 3114 controller on an ASUS P5GD2
Deluxe motherboard?  AFAICS, FreeBSD 5.3 supports the controller, but
I can't seem to get the installer to see the SATA RAID 1 array that I
set up using the BIOS.  The only disks in the system are two identical
200G Seagate drives, and I used the in-ROM Silicon Image setup utility
to create a RAID 1 array with them.  When I boot using a 5.3
installation CD, it sees the SiI 3114 controller, but then presents me
with ad4 and ad6 as separate drives.  It seems my problem is much like
the one described here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2004-September/002082.html

However, despite using atacontrol as described, I could not get ar0 to
persist across a reboot.

Is anyone using this particular motherboard?

--
Paul.

w  http://logicsquad.net/
h  http://paul.hoadley.name/