Postfix can't deliver mail to virtual domains - cannot create file exclusively

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:06:37 PST 2005

I'm trying to set up postfix for virtual domains.  Apparently the
config is mostly correct, because it looks like PostFix is trying to
complete delivery of the mail.  I get this in my /var/log/maillog
file:

Feb  4 19:57:59 cantona postfix/virtual[579]: CA35333C1D:
to=<pergesu at javaspot.net>, relay=virtual, delay=0, status=deferred
(mailbox /var/mail/vhosts/javaspot.net/pergesu: cannot create file
exclusively: No such file or directory)

Shouldn't PostFix create the vhosts/javaspot.net directory and pergesu
file automatically when it delivers the mail?  Not sure what the
problem is here.  I can send mail to local users just fine, so I don't
think it's a permissions problem.