dvd-burning/alternative to k3b?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 3 09:25:15 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 09:02:30AM -0600, Brian John wrote:
> Hello,
> I was using k3b for burning but now that I am using fluxbox it looks like
> I can't use it anymore.  Is there a close alternative?  What is everyone
> using for cd and dvd burning?

For CD's: cdrecord (using the SCSI cd driver and atapicam driver)
For DVD's: growisofs (part of the dvd+rw-tools port)

These are command-line programs. Looking through the manual pages you
can easily write e.g. a shell-script for backups. I've made a script to
back up my home directory to a DVD. I can send it to you, if you like.

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail