Strange rwhod problem, one one machine

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Feb 3 09:23:20 PST 2005

I have a bunch of FreeBSD 4.x machines at workk. Today I noticed that one
of the was getting lines like this in it's messages file:

Feb  3 09:02:02 recdcsal rwhod[84]: whod.pnoc: Permission denied
Feb  3 09:02:04 recdcsal rwhod[84]: whod.pdns1: Permission denied
Feb  3 09:02:06 recdcsal rwhod[84]: whod.phfw1: Permission denied

I am running rwhod on thia (and the other ) machines. Rebooting did not
cure the proble, and doing an  rwho or ruptime on this machine results in
"no entries in /var/rwho"

Any sugestions as to where to start looking ofr the problem with this
machine?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin