questions about extra logging

Steve Lake steve.lake at raiden.net
Thu Feb 3 07:25:39 PST 2005

	I'm curious of something.  I think I've got a fellow co-worker who may be
trying to break into my workstation and I need some help.  I know kde logs
whenever a failed login attempt occurs if the screen is locked and sends
that in the daily logs, but it doesn't log successes.  IE successfully
loging into KDE via the password box when the screensaver/blank screen is
running.  I'd like to log ALL attempts, success, failure or otherwise, and
have that included in my daily log reports so that I know if they did in
fact get in at any one point when I wasn't there.  I want to be able to do
this so I can turn this into my manager and stop this from happening.  So
far I see no evidence that they got in, but that doesn't mean that they're
not putting everything back before locking the screen again either.  IE I
don't want someone perusing my workstation while I'm not there.  Any help
or suggestions will be welcome.