gtar failing, please help!

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Feb 3 00:39:07 PST 2005

Probably lots - I always use the compare switch in my tar backup
scripts to avoid that.

Have you ever had the un-pleasure of working with Sun's tar, though?
no compare switch, and the kernel only reports tape block errors
to the console.  (assuming your lucky enough to have a tapedrive
that reports errors back to the kernel that the kernel understands)

Ted