ASP .NET on FreeBSD?

Tom McLaughlin tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Feb 2 21:32:28 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 23:15 -0600, SigmaX wrote:
> Tom McLaughlin wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 12:21 -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> >

> >>SigmaX <scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk> writes:

<snip>
> yeah... That's the only BSD port of XSP or the like I've heard of.  I
> wish I had the knowledge to help out with the debugging process, but I'm
> fairly new to the programming world myself, and am just hanging on to
> FreeBSD until it's mature.  If the process takes to long I suppose I'll
> have to set up a Linux server to run it and keep my clients happy :-D.
>        Cheerio,
>            SigmaX

Personally I would recommend using XSP on Linux (gasp) for the time
being if it's for customers.  XSP is fairly new and has it's own
non-FreeBSD issues from what I understand.  I would personally stick to
Mono's main targeted platform for now if it's something that "just has
to work".

As for being new to the programming world...  Well, same  here too. :)
I wanted to learn something more robust than Bourne script and figured
Mono would keep me on my toes and give me some way to apply whatever I
read.

Tom

--

BSD# Project - Porting Mono to FreeBSD