xhost +localhost

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Wed Feb 2 14:43:02 PST 2005

On 02/02/05 11:36 PM, Gert Cuykens sat at the `puter and typed:
> I# xhost local:
> non-network local connections being added to access control list
> I#
>
> ok that seems to work a bit better meaning i dont get the message "can
> not start screen saver deamon bl bla bla....." Instead i get a message
> in my log that locking is not enabled ?

Doesn't ring any bells.  What log, and what is the entry?

Are you still having trouble with xscreensaver?

FTR, I have the following in my ~/.xinitrc and I never have trouble with
xscreensaver - although it is only started after this command - by the
wm.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be, and if
 it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic!"
    -- Lewis Carroll, "Through the Looking Glass"