Using PAM with ssh

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Wed Feb 2 10:12:15 PST 2005

Konrad Heuer wrote:

 > I never tried by myself, but did you also modify /etc/pam.d/sshd? I think
 > that would be necessary.

Of course; here it is:

#
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/pam.d/sshd,v 1.15 2003/04/30 21:57:54 markm Exp $
#
# PAM configuration for the "sshd" service
#

# auth
auth            required        pam_nologin.so          no_warn
#auth           sufficient      pam_opie.so             no_warn
no_fake_prompts
#auth           requisite       pam_opieaccess.so       no_warn allow_local
#auth           sufficient      pam_krb5.so             no_warn
try_first_pass
#auth           sufficient      pam_ssh.so              no_warn
try_first_pass
auth            sufficient      /usr/local/lib/pam_smb_auth.so
try_first_pass debug
auth            required        pam_unix.so             no_warn
try_first_pass

# account
#account        required        pam_krb5.so
account         required        pam_login_access.so
account         required        pam_unix.so

# session
#session        optional        pam_ssh.so
session         required        pam_permit.so

# password
#password       sufficient      pam_krb5.so             no_warn
try_first_pass
password        required        pam_unix.so             no_warn
try_first_pass

  bye & Thanks
     av.