Unix equivalent of a variant??

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Wed Feb 2 06:27:43 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 09:04:20AM -0500, Jason Stewart wrote:
: > Hey everyone,
: >
: > I'm finally doing something very exciting here at work: porting software to
: > Unix!
: >
: > I need the equivalent of a variant, however.  A hold-everything variable
: > that can be any type in C/C++.  Is there something already out there I can
: > use or should I just roll my own?
: >
:
: Are you porting VB code over to *nix? If that's the case then a better
: fit might be Python or Ruby with or without one of the various
: bindings for windowing toolkits.

I think I'm going to use Python as the test container, but all the
component code needs to be C/C++.

I think the boost library is exactly what I need.

jm