Sendmail woes w 5.3R

Jeff Kreska jeff at kreska.org
Tue Feb 1 21:22:22 PST 2005

I recently upgraded to 5.3R and can't seem to get sendmail configured
correctly.

when I telnet to localhost 25 I get an immediate ESMTP response, but when
I telnet to mailhost 25 where mailhost is the real name it takes some
amount of time before the ESMTP response is displayed.

If I comment out the following line from the mc file then the telnet to
localhost 25 is slow also:
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=IPv6, Family=inet6')

I tried
define(`confTO_IDENT',`0s')dnl
with no luck.  I thought it might be related to IDENT.

I have done nslookup mailhost gives me the ip, and nslookup ip gives me
mailhost.

Any pointer or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,
Jeff