Firefox

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Tue Feb 1 16:53:15 PST 2005

Aperez wrote:

> Nikolas Britton wrote:
>
>> Chris Hodgins wrote:

>>> Could his problem be that he has simply not fetched the index?
>>>
>>> I normally do:
>>>
>>> # cvsup -g -L2 /usr/ports-supfile
>>> ..
>>> ..
>>> # cd /usr/ports
>>> # make fetchindex
>>> # portsdb -u
>>>
>>> and then I would try reinstalling it using the method above.
>>>

>> I don't think that would keep him from installing the newer version
>> after he cvsuped, system might complain or manually rebuild the index
>> but thats it. After the portupgrade problem with index and how long
>> it takes to rebuild the index I now do this now too. also I run pkgdb
>> -F or pkgdb -Fu and portsclean -C before running portupgrade -arRwW
>> and after I run portupgrade I run portsclean -CDD and then clean out
>> the old libs, that is...if portupgrade had no errors. He emailed me
>> and said he was installing it for the first time, I think he just
>> didn't do the cvsup part correctly.
>>

> Okey, I just updated my ports following your instructions. I saw in
> the Makefile file that the port version is equal to 1.0 ( before was
> equal to 0.9). Now, what should I do next::
>
> Desinstall Firefox and install it again and then I run pkgdb
>
> or
>
> First run pkgbd and then install Firefox

Desinstall Firefox and install it again and then I run pkgdb -F. umm but
since you updated your port sources I'd just run portupgrade, you do
have it installed?, and upgrade everything, it will take awail and if
portupgrade bitch's about py24-* (used for gnome, gtk stuff) you'll have
to umm I think manually deinstall and then reinstall it or pkgdb -F or
something like that, I can't remember. just know that when they change
the port from py23-* to py24-* portupgrade didn't like it and would not
upgrade the port. its up to you if you just want to rebuild firefox or
do the whole shebang.