Host Name Lookup Error

Dixit, Viraj Viraj.Dixit at CityofPaloAlto.org
Tue Feb 1 13:45:25 PST 2005

Folks,

Just installed FreeBSD 5.3, all seems to be working except the error from sendmail. I can ping the mail server in the domain that I am trying to send the mail. But the mail gets send to my "        /var/spool/mqueue" directory. The error is "host name lookup failure". I want to put this system on line as production system soon. On last thing "syslogd" does not put out any logs under "var/logs". Any ideas, I have been looking in FreeBSD archives.

VJ
Viraj Dixit
650-329-2118