apache13_modssl + mod_php4 + php4-extenstions + mysql323-* + myphpadmin = ...

Ken Hawkins ken at rosewoodblues.com
Tue Feb 1 12:16:30 PST 2005

[Tue Feb  1 11:58:29 2005] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined
function:  preg_match() in
/usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin/libraries/defines.lib.php on line 36

I have re-installed the above mentioned ports and everything is up and
running however from phpmyadmin I am getting the above mentioned error
when trying to use phpmyadmin from a webpage.

I have seen the various supposed fixes and have tried a few. I do not
get the =20 after the error and have tried ripping out everything.
installing php4-pear then apache13-modssl, mysql323-server / client and
myphpadmin yet i still get this!

can someone please give me the definitive fix for this? is there one?

sorry to sound frustrated, loosing a day tracking this down is no fun

ken;