Video Capture, TV tuner devices

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 1 10:22:21 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:33:52PM +0000, Rod Person wrote:
> I'm looking into getting a video capture of TV Tuner device for my PC.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Plextor ConvertX PVR devices? They are
> usb and that makes me a little shy in the purchase of one.
>
> My other choice would be eVGA's NVTV, but I'm not sure if it will work will
> FreeBSD.
>
> I'm using 5.3.

AFAICT, the only video driver in the kernel is the 'bktr' driver, which
supports cards based on the bt848/bt848a/bt849a/bt878/bt879 chipset. See
paragraph 7.5 of the Handbook.

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail