How do I do a COLD Reboot on FreeBSD?

Billy Newsom smartweb at leadhill.net
Tue Feb 1 06:14:52 PST 2005

Xian wrote:
>>>Does the dos reboot command work? If it does, I'm sure I could dig up a
>>>copy of it from one of my disks. I don't know if it is possible to hack
>>>the code out that actually does the reboot
>>
>>No, because "reboot" is basically the same as shutdown -r now.  I've done
>>both to no avail.
>>
>>Technically, the shutdown command calls either the reboot or halt commands.
>

> I was meaning the reboot command in DOS not FreeBSD

Oh, yeah.  I could try that.  I could boot an old DOS 6.2 or whatever
and try CTRL-ALT-DELETE.  I think that is what you mean.  I don't
remember that actual command, although I'm sure there's a lot of
third-party reboot commands...  Some of which I'd like to see in the
assembler code, myself.  I'll just bet someone has an old MS-DOS BASIC
program or assembler written in C, Pascal, or something, which could do
a warm or cold reset.

Billy