pkg or version conflict problems

JK jdkullmann at aliencamel.com
Sat Dec 31 20:32:19 PST 2005

I'm afraid that through my moronic attempts over the last few months I
have gotten my 5.1 system into bad shape.  While trying to clean it up
and make some sense out of it I've been trying to build mysql.  I'm
getting this error message and no matter what I try I cannot get past
it.

root at mysys:/usr/ports/databases/mysql50-server# make WITH_OPENSSL=yes
===>  mysql-server-5.0.17 is marked as broken: MySQL versions
mismatch: mysql41-client is installed and wanted version is
mysql50-client.

pkg_info doesn't show any mysql's installed.  I've tried pkg_delete
and pkg_deinstall's. I've gone into all the
/usr/ports/databases/mysql* directories and done make deinstall

Can someone please tell me what's wrong and how to fix it ( and maybe
how I got into this state so I can understand what's going on)?

There must be another database or more involved that I'm not
understanding.

Thank you