6.0-REL && ports/emulators/qemu = PANIC (was: Re: 6.0-REL && ports/devel/subversion)

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sat Dec 31 12:26:49 PST 2005

Apitz escribió:
> > this time after the installation of 6.0-RELEASE I'll only make
> > /usr/ports/emulators/qemu to see if I can reproduce the PANIC
> > with the above procedure; we will see...
>
> yes, it can be reproduced; I've fresh installed 6.0-RELEASE and did
> only:
>
> # cd /usr/ports/emulators/qemu
> # make WITH_KQEMU=yes
> # make install
> # kldload kqemu
> # kldstat
> # su - user
>
> PANIC :-((

Does it still panic if you don't load kqemu? Test with just the new
install and see if it panics. I haven't had a panic with 6.0 except
that I have problems at boot on machines using the Netgear GA 311
1000baseT NIC. I get some message about loop back failed and it panics.
If I shutdown, I don't have any problem.

I use KDE and it isn't hard to make artsd panic. I convert all of my CDs
into wma's and load them on a Nomad Zen Touch. So, I can use the kvm to
switch to XP system that did the conversion and then play the wma's
without any problems.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

"Nunca te acostarás sin saber una cosa más"