6.0-RELEASE installation to SATA hard drive

Jason W. Barnes jbarnes at barnesos.net
Sat Dec 31 11:28:17 PST 2005

 	I am trying to install FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE onto new SATA hard
drive that I installed in my computer.  My motherboard (A7M266-D) does not
had on-board SATA support, so I installed a PCI SATA controller from
CompUSA (CompUSA brand was what it said).  When I boot from the install CD
and use the Standard installation, all that sysinstall sees is my old hard
drive on ad3, and not the new drive.
 	When I try the 5.4-RELEASE cd, it *can* see the new drive and
designates it ad6.  Has SATA capability been lost between 5.4 and 6.0?
 	Does anyone know of a way to make the 6.0-RELEASE install CD see
my SATA hard drive like the old 5.4-RELEASE CD does?  Thanks for any ideas
you might have,

 				- Jason Barnes