amsn-095_1

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sat Dec 31 04:13:39 PST 2005

I upgraded my aMSN today and hoped to have webcam sessions with my
chatmates. This was a new feature after all. I was very surprised not
to see this happening. Webcamsn was not installed. Strange, because I
had seen it on the compile screens ;-)

I looked and there was no /usr/local/share/amsn/utils/webcamsn
directory! The port did NOT install it (It was made though).

I figure there must be a reason, but I have no idea what it could be.
I did a "make" in the net-im/amsn port dir and copied the
utils/webcamsn to ulsa/utils by hand. After a restart of my amsn the
webcam worked flawlessly!

So, the question remains: WHY is this webcam dir not copied to the
right location after the compilation? Did I miss something? Anybody a
clue?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.0 ++ The Power to Serve