Recursive FTP upload tool?

Alexander Pohoyda alexander.pohoyda at gmx.net
Fri Dec 30 08:51:46 PST 2005

> > I'm looking for a command-line tool to recursively upload all changed
> > files/directories to my homepage server via FTP.  Is there anything
> > better than wput for this task?
>
> Have you seen this article on automating command line ftp?
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/excerpt/BSDHacks_chap1/index1.html

Good article, thank you very much.

> It recommends ncftp client, but I don't know if it does what you
> want or not.

Yes, it does, but not better than wput, so I'll stick with wput for a
while.

BTW, I added a feature to read passwords from ~/.netrc file, so
whoever needs it, please follow this feature request:

    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1393643&group_id=141519&atid=749616

--
Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda at gmx.net>
PGP Key fingerprint: 7F C9 CC 5A 75 CD 89 72  15 54 5F 62 20 23 C6 44