qmail + vpopmail + procmail

Angelin Lalev lalev at sv-bg.com
Thu Dec 29 12:46:47 PST 2005

Michael P. Soulier wrote:

>On 12/28/05, Angelin Lalev <lalev at sv-bg.com> wrote:
>

>>But now my friend's clients want all mail that is tagged as spam
>>(in my case, prefixed with "[SPAM]" in the subject)  moved to
>>separate courier imap folder (for example .SPAM).
>>I figured out (maybe I make error here) that I need procmail
>>to deliver the mail to the different courier-imap folders in the Maildir.
>>I couldn't find on the net clear algorithm that does that. (or at least
>>I failed reproducing it).
>>Anyone could help?
>>

>This is up to the end user to do. My $HOME/.qmail looks like so
>
>| preline procmail ~/.procmailrc
>
>>From there, you can filter in .procmailrc like...
>
>:0
>^Subject:.*SPAM
>$MAILDIR/junkmail/
>
>where MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir, or some other appropriate place for the user's MUA.

Thanks very much for the advice.
I've tried something like that, but in the end of .procmailrc file I've
piped the "regular" messages to vdelivermail, instead
of delivering them directly (stupid, wasn't it :-)). I'm sure that it
would work even that way, if I used -p option and
correct paths in .procmailrc file.
Anyway, I've read in the net that there is some incompatibility of exit
codes between procmail and qmail.
Since I was not sure if that's fixed, had no time to dig into the
documentation and I was working
on production system, decided to use maildrop, which did the job nicely.
But I'm still curious if that incompatibility is fixed ...