Is there a Freebsd equivalent to this Linux header file

Ray Seals rseals at vdsi.net
Thu Dec 29 06:14:48 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 14:42 -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
> That's probably a Linux-specific ioctl.  Chances are that FreeBSD's
> ifconfig command will do what you want (so its sources are a good place
> to start looking); what do you mean by "change it's operating mode"?

Here is a snippet from the specs PDF:

Niagara 2261 is a dual Giga bit NIC card with programmable  Close  or
Open  while in the power off state. The Niagara 2261 is a universal low
profile PCI-X board based on Intel 82546 Dual Gigabit Ethernet
controller. Niagara 2261 is designed to operate either in 64-bit or
32-bit mode with the bus speeds up to 133 MHz. The physical form factor
for Niagara 2261 meets the requirements of PCI Local Bus specifications
Rev2.2 as well as Low profile PCI specifications.

Feature Summary
- Programmable  Close  or  Open  while in the power off state.
- Intel s 82546EB controller
- Two integrated PHYs for 10/100/1000 Mb/s full- and half-duplex
operation
- Bypass - during power off or software failures
- PCI 2.2 compatible, 32/64-bit, 33/66/133MHz
- IEEE 802.3ab, 802.3u, 802.3x compliant
- Host offloading options - TCP/IP/UDP checksum, TCP segmentation and
advanced packet filtering
- Plug and Play
- Software support for, Linux 2.2.x and 2.4.x, FreeBSD 4.x and Solaris 7
and 8 running x86-based platforms
- Two RJ45 Connectors

So, it can do a lot of cool things, but at this point I just wanted to
set the box up as an in-line sniffer using this card for tcpdump only
and the other built in nic (on the PC) as the management port.