qmail + vpopmail + procmail

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Dec 28 06:46:11 PST 2005

Angelin Lalev <lalev at sv-bg.com> writes:

> It's been a long time since my last day as a system administrator,
> but recently I needed to install a qmail server for a friend.
> Although I had forgoten many things, I've managed to make
> a working netqmail 1.05 + SMTP-AUTH + TLS patch +
> qmail-scanner + spam-assassin + courier imap + vpopmail (mysql db)
> installation, following scattered trough internet documents and
> howto's.
> But now my friend's clients want all mail that is tagged as spam
> (in my case, prefixed with "[SPAM]" in the subject)  moved to
> separate courier imap folder (for example .SPAM).
> I figured out (maybe I make error here) that I need procmail
> to deliver the mail to the different courier-imap folders in the Maildir.
> I couldn't find on the net clear algorithm that does that. (or at least
> I failed reproducing it).
> Anyone could help?

I haven't used Courier, but I thought it used Maildir mailboxes
natively, and procmail can deliver to Maildir.  So all you would
need to do is configure procmail accordingly (the procmailrc(5)
has configuration, and procmailex(5) has recipes), and it should
Just Work.

But I haven't actually done it myself; I'm just trusting the
documentation (!).

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/