Palm (Zire) and /dev/ucom0 on 6.0

DW dwinner-lists at att.net
Wed Dec 28 05:13:30 PST 2005

Igor Robul wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 11:58:00AM -0500, DW wrote:
>

>>I then type:
>># pilot-xfer -p /dev/cuaU0 -b backup
>>
>>and I get:
>>
>>   Listening to port: /dev/cuaU0
>>
>>   Please press teh HotSync button now....
>>

>Works fine for me with Palm TE2. You need press HotSync button and wait
>a little.

Are you pressing "HotSync" before or after "pilot-xfer"?

If I do pilot-xfer first, then it fails because /dev/cuaU0 doesn't exist
yet.

If I hit HotSync first, /dev/cuaU0 gets created, but then pilot-xfer
tells me to hit HotSync, which I already did.
pilot-xfer just sits there waiting for Hotsync (already running), then
HotSync on my Palm eventually times out and /dev/cuaU0 gets destroyed.