ker.ipc.maxpipekva error again and again

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Dec 27 20:11:37 PST 2005

Imran Imtiaz wrote:
> I am getting the following messages again and again, why it is accuring and how can I correct and track it?
> Dec 27 00:48:00 darkstar kernel: kern.ipc.maxpipekva exceeded; see tuning(7)

You might look at ps or top for lots of stuck processes generated by something
which are blocking.  Basicly, the system has a limit on how much memory can be
used to connect stages of pipelines between processes.

Take a look at "sysctl kern.ipc", or more specificly:

	"sysctl kern.ipc | grep kva"

--
-Chuck

PS: "man tuning" is likely to be informative.  :-)