question

Martin P. Hansen mph at lima.dyndns.dk
Tue Dec 27 15:47:24 PST 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, ho at xer wrote:
> I have some problem  with installing FreeBSD 6 amd64 !
> I put CD to cdrom and after some second I press 1 to install default
> settings. After some second I see that
> Vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
> Timecounter "TSC" frequency 221134344311z quality 800
> Timecounter tuck every 1.000 msec

What you see it the kernel diagnostic messages. In my diagnosticmessages
``Timecounters'' appear near the end, just before the harddisk
controller initialization. If your system stops with the message
you wrote, it might be some compability issues between your hardware
and the kernel.

You might narrow the problem down by experimenting with various
compability options in the bios. One example could be to enable (or
disable) SATA compability mode, PATA I think.

--
Martin P. Hansen                   |  ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign